Saturday, January 26, 2013

Decorated Cookies





I was 7 or 8, the night before it finally snowed after a few winters without it, and me and my brothers played in the snow and all of us were cold and wet. We went inside, put on our pj´s and my mom made some hot chocolate milk. While we were heating up, we were baking cookies. That´s why I love to bake cookies. It reminds me of the good old times. And it´s one of the first things I ever baked! :) Back then we had cutters of cats, people, hearts, flowers and even houses. But nowadays I keep it simple. 

The cookies:

125gr unsalted butter
75gr brown sugar (dark or light)
250gr all purpose flour
1 egg
10gr vanilla sugar 
pinch of salt

There isn´t a specific way of making this dough. Just combine all of these ingredients into a large bowl and start working the dough with your hands. Or you can mix it with a hand mixer or with a Kitchenaid (I love love love Kitchenaid, except their prices..). Once that is done you can or start working immediately or put it in you fridge for a while.

Once you start working with the completed dough you can cut out any figure you want and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to preheat your oven to 175C or 345F. Bake them for 10-15 minutes until they´re golden brown.

The glace:

1 eggwhite
225gr powdered sugar
1tspn lemon juice.

Start whisking the eggwhite until it´s nice smooth, white and foamy. Then slowly add the powdered sugar. Finally add the lemon juice and voilĂ , the glace is done. When using it for cookies or cupcakes or even normal cakes, let the glace dry about 3 hours (after applying it) before eating it.

What's your favorite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment